Friday, September 7, 2012

Mami Jarum

My heart sank when the patient told me that ya ne rabotayu, ne magu, ya invalidov while clerking for patients' medical history.

I asked about her occupation, and she said that she have no job, she cant work as she's disabled with shaky voice.

And I remember about asking this one lady whether she had bad habit before, like alcoholism or smoking or taking drugs, and she ranted about how life is unfair for 'victims' like her who doesnt drink and doesnt smoke, yet is sick.

Sometimes I hate doing this task, besides of the fact that it must be conducted in Russian (which I am so terrible of)..it also requires us to be quite a heartless Mami Jarum in order to get the info needed. And when thing like this happened, I feel so guilty for asking those sensitive questions. Tambah-tambah lagi when the person answered sounded like almost crying.

But you know, at the end of the day, you gotta do what you oughta do, even if its painful to go through. This is life isnt it? Just in case you dont know, life is heartless. Just saying though.

No comments: